Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Iris Folded Christmas Card #2

I love making these iris folded cards.  The finished result is sort of a surprise.  After selecting coordinating papers or contrasting colors, you never know what the final pattern will look like till it is completed.  A nice challenge, too!


In my stash of Christmas papers, I found two pretty blue pieces but had only the two.  So I rummaged through my other papers and found the stripe and plaid papers.  The iris was a problem.  I needed to get this card in the mail and didn't have time to go to the craft store to find the perfect centerpiece so I settled on a glittery snowflake which is placed a little off center.  ;')

The white cover for the iris folding looked soooo plain and stark.  I swished blue, green and purple with a cotton ball to add a bit of color and stamped the sentiment in blue.  Then I glued -- not taped -- the white card and iris part to a purple card.   Because the folded papers are a kind of bulky and a little heavy, I thought gluing the iris part would be more secure.  

The recipients of this card (senior citizens in an assisted living facility) loved the card.

Please leave comments as I'd love to hear from you about any of my cards or cards you are making.

Kathy



No comments:

Post a Comment