Search This Blog

Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Birthday Card

Trying to keep up with my New Year's goal of entering challenges at least once a week has become quite a challenge!

But we finally finished our taxes yesterday -- on the 14th this year instead of the 15th -- and I decided a different challenge was in order.    So when I came across the "Seize the Birthday" challenge, I thought this is the one for this week.

Following a sketch is new for me so this card was definitely a challenge.






I wish my picture showed the softness of the card better.  Maybe I'll try again in brighter light.   The card is made with SU crumbcake paper and ink and the hydrangea from SU Because I Care.  I love that stamp.

   Seize the Day Challenge #12

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy,
    I received your comment at Seize the Birthday. I am not sure where you were looking for the linky, but our challenge is still open and we would love to have you join us. I linked up your card for you. The linky closes tomorrow at Noon (PST).
    Thanks!
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS! Such a lovely card! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  2. So very pretty. Love the monochromatic look on this too.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty card. So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete