Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2014

Warm Wishes

Summer is flying by - I know where the time has gone, but yet....  I haven't posted anything in close to ten days so today I worked on two cards.  Here is the first.

Warm Wishes for two Christmas challenges.  When making this card, i recalled a card I had seen on Pinterest that had contrasting patterns and layers.  I don't usually use two different patterns ( plaid and stripes), but I see various combinations all the time and tried it.  I kind of like it.  The button was a last minute addition.  The tag and white bow just looked so plain that I thought a little pop of color would help and it goes with the folksy plaid.

I used Copic pens to color the ivy and berries.  These pens are great and I need to uses them more.





The first challenge is Festive Friday

 


and then Christmas Card Challenge #32 - Think Tags



Ok, so today is Friday.  Yay.   Have a great weekend,
Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card with a gorgeous tag! Thanks for joining us this week at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the mix of the plaid and stripes and your tag is very pretty too! Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering our Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colors here and great tag!!! Thank you for joining us at Sunday Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the mixture of patterns works so well together! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card! I love the tag and all the different papers! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete