Search This Blog

Monday, June 1, 2015

Congratulations

Graduation time is almost over, but I needed one last card.  Everyone loves the smiley face so I thought I would make a look-alike of a card I saw at the post office.  Sometimes they have some really great ideas!

I punched a yellow cirlce and drew the smile with a Copic pen (actually traced around the bottom half of a smaller circle).  They eyes are a cute little stamp from Technique Tuesday's Simple Sentiments.  The congratulations sentiment is from Paper Smooches Word Up set -- these are my two favorite stamp sets. 

Then I cut out a cap and twirled a length of twine for the tassel.

My first card was just the smiley face, cap and tassel on a white card.  It is okay, but needed something.  Hence the background paper of teeny tiny colored dots.  I think the patterned  paper adds a little depth and the smiley face pops.





The second card will be posted to Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenges Blog -
Anything Goes


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... both cards are so cute! I LOVE this idea! The cap and tassel are the perfect touch for a grad card!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute graduation design! Love both versions. Thanks for joining us at Paper Smooches SPARKS!

    ReplyDelete