Search This Blog

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year, part 2

2013 will be starting off for me with Happy New Year cards and and a contest entry.  One of my goals for the new year is to enter at least one contest a month.

Have you tried quilting?   It is similar to iris folding and a lot of fun.  The first card I made took forever cause I spent quite a bit of time looking for matching paper in my stash and I wasn't really happy with the finished card.  Then I remembered that I had picked up a small set of black and white paper at Michael's a few months ago.   So easy --  just pulled out the matching papers and cut the strips.   Lesson learned -- plan ahead.   ;')

I love this card and think I will make my Valentine and Easter cards using iris folding and quilting techniques.    The 3"x3" quilted square has a black frame on a plain white card.  For a little sparkle, I added red sequins in the center and along the white sentiment tag.  The blacks are not as bright in this picture as they are on my computer.  ???


The inside message was printed on white card stock.



I'll be entering this card in the JUGS 169 Wild Card Challenge:
and  Allsorts Challenge Blog:


Grab our logo


Happy New Year!
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. New technique to me Kathy, love the result. Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts for our black & white challenge, can you ploease link to the challenge in your blog post x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to do quilting years ago Kathy but it's never occurred to me similar principals could be applied to card making, but as you lovely card displays it's very effective.

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    I've tried to post my comment several times but you have word verification switched on and it's so hard to read !! Will try a couple more times and added this extra in the hope it gets through so you are aware. I know lots of people don't realise it's on so please do mail me if you have any problems.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card with a cool technique. Thanks for playing along with Just US Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete