Search This Blog

Monday, January 20, 2014

Festive Friday

A couple weeks ago I cleaned up my 'cave' which had gotten rather messy and out of control.  I thought I would not need the Christmas items till maybe June or July so I neatly stacked everything in a closet.


Then I saw the new Festive Friday Challenge.  Oh my ...  well laid plans....

Last year I followed the Festive Friday Challenge, but did not participate.   Oh, I think I may have once.  But this year I really am going to try to be more active -- the challenge looks like a lot of fun and has great inspiring ideas, too!   So, here is the first entry.

The inspiring photo for this week's challenge is below.   I looked at this wonderful red barn and loved the scene.  (What a great Christmas card as is!)  Well, I started thinking colors and going through my Christmas paper and card stock.  When I saw the red and white polka dots, a light bulb lit up.   The big snow covered branch brought a white ribbon to mind.  The snow made me think of a white card and white flowers.  Finding the right stamp was the real challenge!  Nothing really fit except the little Verve banner which was the perfect size for my Happy Holidays stamp from Stampin Up.





    Festive Friday Challenge (FFC23)

So I played around with the papers and flowers, found the gold mesh and came up with this card.  Fun!
 


A note about the gold mesh.  This was part of the wrapping on a Christmas poinsettia I received as a gift, and I saved the mesh thinking I could recycle it at some point.

Have a great week!
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I LOVE how you used the recycled gold mesh! Doesn't it feel good to use something most people would have just thrown out and use it to make something so pretty?! Great job! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mesh is really cool! I love the texture it adds. I hope we do see you play along more with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goodness...so glad you pulled out your Christmas supplies! Your card is gorgeous. I especially love the gold mesh. So glad you could play with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much layering and texture here... I love it! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thi IS a fun card! And the mesh adds such interest to your background! So glad you've decided to jump in and create with us…I think you'll enjoy it and be really glad you did come Christmas! I thoroughly enjoyed creating Christmas to my heart's content last year with no stress. When things got busy near the holidays, I didn't even have to feel sad that I didn't have time for all the Christmas inspiration/challenges…I had enjoyed it all year long!;) Love your first project and hope to see many more!!! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete