Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Snow Day!

We have about eight inches of snow outside and most of the roads are already clear in our area, but I don't 'do' snow even though I grew up in Wisconsin.  I'd rather stay inside and especially work in my cave!

So, I've been busy.  While hopping around on card making blogs and sites, I came across a new challenge:  Runway Inspired Challenge.    I love this picture.  Great inspiration.



So I sat looking at this picture of a lovely flowing dress with colors just swishing about and sponging came to mind along with a stamp I haven't used yet.

I stamped a white card with Versa Magic inks and then used my watercolor pen to fill in the flowers and leaves.  Then I stamped the flowers again on another piece of card stock and cut out the design to use as a mask when I sponged the base card.






I ended up making two cards and will enter the orange flowered card after playing eenie, meenie, minee, mo.  Which do you like best?


Take care,
Kathy

3 comments:

  1. So. very. fabulous, Kathy!! I love your artsy background with the bouquet! I can't decide which one I like more...both are equally beautiful! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Pretty Kathy! Love your take :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the artistic background! Thanks for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete