Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Festive Stripes

Candy canes covered with white frosting, red frosting, stripes, squiggles, dots and more make up the photo for the Festive Friday Challenge. 

So, I found this stunning red and white striped paper that I placed on a white card and punched a bottom piece of the same paper -- sort of reminds me of the squiggles and dots on the candy canes in the picture. 

Then I stamped three candy canes with Versa Mark and embossed with glittery powder, dried the images and fussy cut.  Oh, forgot, I added the pinky red lines on the candy canes using red ink and my water pen.  I love how the red color just wipes off the embossed areas.  I think I will use this technique more often.

Gauzy ribbon, button and twine atop the candy canes finish the card.





Interesting how the different backgrounds give the card a slightly different appearance.  The man in my house likes the black background better. 


Festive Friday #31



Happy Tuesday,
Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Love the crisp stripes and the pretty, shimmery ribbon! Great job capturing the feel of the inspiration photo! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete