Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Merry Christmas PaperTrey Ink Make It Monday #260

Last year at this time, I had several Christmas cards made.  Not so this year.  I have a lot to do in the next few weeks.  Here is my start. 

A Christmas card for the Make it Monday #260 - From Black and White to Color.  An interesting technique.  I stamped the sentiment in red on a white card.  Red ink and I do not get along so I stamped the sentiment first just in case I messed up the red ink and needed to do another.  Then I stamped the happy greeting on the inside.  There you will see a little red blotch.  Oh well.

Then I stamped the images in black on the remaining area of the white piece.  The next step was to cut a small piece of the images off the card and set it aside - not coloring it but leaving the images in black and white.  Using my Copics I colored the green leaves and red berries on the larger piece.   Both pieces were then adhered to the green striped background card.  Red and white baker's twine adedd the final touch. 

I love these Christmas colors.  My mind is already racing with ideas for more cards.



.



Materials:
Papertrey Ink:  Tucked In: Holiday Stamp and Think Big Favorites #20
Technique Tuesday Holly Leaves




Have a great week!
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! those holly leaves are so big and bold, love them!! Fabulous card Kathy! Can hardly wait to see what else you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty with those holly leaves! What a wonderful Christmas card to start the season with!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Kathy this is one beautiful Christmas card! Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect choice using holly leaves for this technique, and a great traditional Christmas card.

    ReplyDelete