Search This Blog

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Watercolor Tag

This week I wanted to make cards for a couple challenges so I thought I would play around with watercolors - which I'd like to more often.

Here is a tag I made with purple, green and blue and a tad of yellow.  I swished the colors all around on paper and then cut out hearts.  Then I dotted another piece of white card stock with the same colors for the background using the top of the water brush.    I die cut the two little tags from the watercolor paper, stamped the little tags with 'friend' and 'love' and tied them to the white bow and purple string at the top of the tag.   The final step was placing little dots of glue on the backs of the hearts and attaching them to the larger tag.

I may attach this tag to a gift for a friend who feeling a little low right now.  



Made with:
Sentiments - 'love' from Technique Tuesday Hello set and 'friend' from a retired SU set
Small tags from Sizzix Framelits Tags & Words
Hearts from Tim Holtz Scribble & Splat die set

Challenges:
Time Out - Challenge #76 Inspired by Words
Stamplorations TAGplorations
Simon Says Young at Heart

Grab Our Badge!  

Happy Sunday!
Kathy




3 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful tag. Love the fabulous die cut hearts. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicate hearts on that beautiful bold background! Looks perfect to go with a gift! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty tag. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete