Search This Blog

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Pretty Napkin Card

Loved making this card.  Several months ago I saw a lovely floral card which was made using a paper dinner napkin.  This card was made using Saran Wrap and an iron -- a little time consuming and awkward for me.  Last week I saw another technique using a glue stick.  Hurrah!  This was the one for me.

So I quickly found a beautiful spring napkin and my glue stick. There are many videos on You Tube explaining this technique.  "No-Iron Paper Napkin" and  "DIY Napkin Cards" are two that I like.

Hints:  I used a brayer to make sure the glue was evenly distributed - do not use the brayer on the napkin side as the napkin might tear.   I waited for the glue to dry before I trimmed the edges.  This wait may not be necessary, but I wanted to be careful.  If you are going to use a paper trimmer to cut the piece, be sure the glue is dry and place the napkin side down.  As I quickly learned, cutting the piece with scissors is a better option as there is less chance of tearing the napkin. 

I was going to add a sentiment, but changed my mind.  I like the card as is, but also think it needs something.  Any ideas?


 2018 Spring/ Summer Coffee Lovers Bloghop


http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2018/05/2018-spring-summer-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/

Happy Day!
Kathy

11 comments:

  1. Love the floral cups, great use of napkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how you used that napkin to make your cups. Such a pretty napkin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! Great use of a beautiful napkin. Love how it turned out ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty napkin images on your tea cups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! I have some napkins I've pocketed from various events that are meant for this technique but I haven't tried it yet. Love how you added it to the cups!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun technique! Love how your cups look and I'm a big fan of sentiment-less cards...you can customize the card with the interior greeting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great napkin technique! So pretty! I think a sentiment will finish it off nicely when you’re ready to send it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!! Your card is totally amazing! Love your napkin technique!!!

    ReplyDelete