Search This Blog

Sunday, December 6, 2020

Merry Christmas

Here is a sparkling Christmas card.  This card was fun to make and a little challenging.  The metallic glitter paper is kind of thick so cutting with the snowflake die took quite a few runs through my Big Shot.  After I finished the card, a little bell went off in my head - I think the last time I used this glitter paper, I turned the paper upside down so the backing was on top and would cut first.  duh??

Anyhow, I saw this sketch last week on Pinterest and thought I would try a couple different cards.  A solid blue basic card folded a couple times with a lovely delicate snowflake on the front and one on the inside along with a die cut Merry Christmas sentiment.

 A simple yet elegant Christmas card.  Great to send to a man or minimalist friend.







My second card for this sketch will be in another post.



Cards for Guyz #259 Traditional Christmas

MLCCB #29 - December Anything Christmas Goes

Festive Friday #FF0073  (blue, snowflakes, metallics, fun fold)

    

 

Hope you have a great Sunday!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! That dark background really makes the white snowflake pop!! Thanks for playing along with our "Traditional Christmas" challenge over at Cardz 4 Guyz!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful creation. I love the dark base. It really makes that wonderful snowflake stand out. Love the fold and the shiny sentiment inside. Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card! The dark colors allow the gorgeous, sparkly snowflake to really "pop"! The snowflake on the inside of the fold is a wonderful accent! Thank you for sharing with Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the contrast of the dark blue and the glittery white snowflake. Beautiful. thank you for joining us at the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really beautiful card but I'm afraid you haven't added our Sparkles challenge blog link in your post. Hugs Debs DT x

    ReplyDelete