Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Birthday

Recently I needed a birthday card for a friend - masculine, no flowers or fancy embellishments.   So I looked at my stamps and paper and came up with the card pictured below.


I stamped a piece of white card stock with a world map stamp and lightly sponged a the same ink all over to cover the white card.   I used scissors to cut around the edges of the globe map -- sorry I did not keep the original wrapping so I don't know the maker of the globe stamp.   The chronometer stamp is from the same set as the globe.  I used a round corner punch to get a large oval shape. 

The 'it's your birthday' stamp is from another unknown maker.  I can see that I am going to have to start keeping all the wrappings!  After the black ink dried, I lightly sponged the globe, chronometer and birthday pieces with a distressed ink.

I learned quite a bit making this card.  First, I need to practice stamping!  Second, do not put too much pressure on the stamps -- see the blurred edges of the chronometers.   Third, be careful storing clear, clinging stamps.  The corner of the birthday stamp was bent which is why the 'i' in It's is slightly crooked.

The card was simple to put together.  I like the colors and hope he likes it.  

Supplies
Card stock:   white card, black, white and burgundy 
Stamps: Rubbernecker Old World Map, It's your Birthday and travel stamps
Ink: Memories Soft Wheat, Color Box Wicked Black, Tim Holts Distress Ink Tea Dye



No comments:

Post a Comment