Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thinking of You

One of the first cards I made was a card for my sister.  I try to send her a card each week — I told her I needed to practice making cards and would send her the samples.  Actually, the cards she receives are one-of-a-kind as I haven’t duplicated a one yet.  That may be because I usually forget to take a picture of the card before I mail it.  ;’)



When I made this card, my supplies were quite limited with very few stamps, a pack of card stock (various colors) and a box white cards and a box of textured cards and envelopes.  All purchased at AC Moore or Michaels.  At the time, I was unaware that I was making a CAS (Clean and Simple) card.  

I like the contrast in the green and orange colors.  The ribbon was added when I thought the card was just a little too clean and simple.  My sister and the other residents in her retirement home liked the card and now look forward to the weekly greeting.

Supplies:
Card stock:  White card base, orange and teal (teal is embossed with small dots).   Ribbon:  orange open weave – haven’t a clue where I purchased this ribbon.    Die:  Spellbinders.      Stamp:  Inkadinkado Garden Greetings     Ink:  Memories Hunter Green


No comments:

Post a Comment