Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

Festive Friday #25

The inspiration picture for this week's Festive Friday posed a problem for me.  Clean and simple cards with lots of white space are really quite difficult to create -- at least for me.

When I looked at the picture, I saw white, red, a touch of gold and ribbon.  Then I looked again and saw lots and lots of white with a tiny bit of the other colors and sighed.  My first card was a complete disaster (in the round filing cabinet without hesitation!).

    Festive Friday #25

So, here is my card.  The dimensionals behind the circles add a little depth and the sentiment font a little whimsy on an all white card.








Take care,
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Kathy, I think you did an amazing job of creating this clean and simple card--it's really beautiful and I love it! Your wreath is so clever, too! Thanks so much for playing along with Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is so clever! I love how you've captured the feeling of the inspiration photo with all the red and white and texture! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh LOVE LOVE!! THis is fabulous! I adore how you created the wreath with circles! So happy you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great inspired design! love your sweet wreath with the embossings and stampings!

    ReplyDelete