Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2014

Festive Friday #26 and retro sketches Challenges

*  see note below

Even though I love making Christmas cards, I do not need snow outside to get me energized!  I am sooooo glad the snow has melted and we are going to have 60 degree weather a couple days this week.  Yay!!!

The newest inspiration from Festive Friday is this picture.  Now this makes me hungry!  Does anyone have a recipe for this cookie?


   Festive Friday #26 

 

When I saw my papers, I picked out a curly pattern which reminded me of this swirling frosting.

  





* Note:  I really should check my email more often.  I came across the latest retro sketches challenge and thought the above Christmas card might work, too.

So I am entering this card in two challenges:



Happy Monday and have a good week!
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I love the paper you used with the fun border. Great take on the sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the cluster of brown branches with the red berries! Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this graphic use of colour and shape! The added bling at the top makes it very festive! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, I'm not sure you could have found a better paper pattern! It is so perfect and before I even read your blog, I was instantly reminded of frosting on a chocolate cookie! With the added swatch of white paper and green holly branches, your beautiful card is a terrific interpretation of the inspiration photo. Thanks for playing along with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete