Search This Blog

Friday, January 2, 2015

Christmas Thank You

Guess I should make a new year's resolution to blog and post more cards in 2015.  I could, but don't know if I would be successful.  Sometimes life just gets in the way.

But not today!!  I needed a thank you card to send to someone who is really special and that was my goal for the day.  But as I was looking at my emails this morning I saw I could make my thank you card which could also be a card for the Cas-ual Fridays Challenge, Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge and the Christmas Card Challenge.  Wow!  Four goals accomplished with one card.  Eureka!!

NOTE:  This a new picture that I loaded a day later.  Better light = better picture!




This is the original picture.  Sad, I know.



Wish my camera took better pictures of red- sorry about that.  The base of the card is a kraft card.  Kraft paper always looks so good with red, white and green.  Love it.

The layout of the card follows the sketch for the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge.The Cas-ual Fridays challenge required felt and sequins.   So I cut the felt poinsettia with the die set from Paper Smooches and the sentiment is from Paper Smooches as well.

I hope my friend likes this card.  It was fun to make.

         





Ok, that's for the start of 2015.  Happy New Year!!!
 Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Very pretty poinsettia! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love kraft, red and green, too! Always a homey Christmas-y feel! I love your card! Good luck on the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely CAS card with Very beautiful felt poinsettia!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday 's challenge and wish you a very happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How Adorable!! Love the colours :-) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure your friend will love this card!
    Thank you so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays challenge (:
    -Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea and I love the card. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Don't forget to come back to the blog to see who are the winners and the next challenge is coming up soon! I hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete