Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Congrats

As part of an unfinished card swap I received a red, black and orange hot air balloon,  stamped sentiment 'Congratulations' and a piece of designer paper with blue clouds.   I also wanted to make a card for the Tuesday Morning Challenge.   I thought and thought and thought.  no ideas.... 

Then   💡   I came up with the following card -   a graduation card in black, red and white!  The base card is black with a white card stock background and a layer of diplomas and hats paper.  I attached the hot air balloon on vellum with a different 'congrats' under the vellum.

I attached the vellum to the graduation paper with small dots of glue, yet those dots were visible.  So I added some bling to cover these spots. 

In case you are wondering, the unfinished card swap requires us to send another player 3-4 card elements.  Then we are to make a card using any of the elements we received from a player.  Sometimes I use all 3 or 4 pieces or, as in this case, I used just one.




I'll be posting this card to the Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge #400:




Happy Weekend!
Kathy

1 comment: