Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Happy Birthday Sunflower

Love sunflowers -- I am so looking forward to warm weather and colorful flowers!  I made this card for the Seize the Birthday - Florals and Always Playing with Paper challenges.  The beautiful colors of pink, green, teal and yellow are the challenge with Always Playing with Paper.  My camera doesn't really show the richness of  the colors in my card.  That's a little disappointing - the teal came out a bit too blue.  But I still love the card.



Materials:
Wild Sunflower die from Memory Box
Paper from Stampin up
Sentimental Birthday stamp from There She goes
Crafter's Aruba ink from Color Box

Note about the ink.   When I shopped for a teal ink pad a couple weeks ago, I could find only the Crafter's aruba by Color Box.  Nice pretty teal color, but the ink takes forever to dry on this white card stock.  I used my hair dryer to blow warm air and thought the ink was dry.  But as you can see, there is a little blur on the 'y.'  I think I will experiment with other card stock to see what the drying times are.




http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-challenge-68-colour-challenge.html


Take care,
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. What a fun design! Love that sunflower!! Thanks so much for playing along at The Challenge with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great group of papers you put together Kathy! Love this card! Thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bright and cheery birthday card! Love the mix of papers you used. Thanks for joining us at The Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty sunflower and lovely mix of papers. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete