Search This Blog

Friday, April 29, 2016

Happy Mother's Day

Can you believe Mother's Day is in a week.  Well, nine days, but soooo soon.  I was inspired to make this Mother's Day card by two challenges:  Time Out Challenge  and Fusion Card Challenge.

I love the colors required for the Fusion Challenge (teal and orange) and thought I would add the die-cut requirement of the Time Out Challenge.

A teal layer is adhered to the orange base card.  Then I die cut the oval shape on white card stock and stamped the sentiment at the top.  Next was running the white piece through the Big Shot to emboss with a basket weave design. 

Then I used my Copic pens to ink the flowers and leaves on a Stampin Up stamp (sorry the stamp is upstairs - something Wildflower?) and stamped the background.  I used my water pen to add some touches here and there to give it a nice watercolor effect.  I layered the embossed piece over the watercolor flowers and attached it all to the top of the teal card stock and base.


     Grab Our Badge!



Have a great weekend!
Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the design and gogoeus coulouring. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Kathy! I love the texture from the embossing folder and the watercolor effect you gave on those gorgeous blooms! Thanks so much for linking up this beauty at TO! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great colors, and love the texture! Thanks for playing at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete